Friday

6/16/06 - Making the Best of It

Just because there wasn’t another entry added to yesterday’s journal doesn’t mean I slept. I did sleep, but not till sometime after 5 am. My body was exhausted and dreadfully tired, but I just couldn’t sleep. I alternated reading and trying to sleep. Even Dot tried her best to help. She sat by my pillow and looked me straight in the eye, then laid her head next to mine, paws across my arm. I didn’t fall asleep, but it was very peaceful.

Got a couple hours sleep and went to work… feeling a bit sorry for myself, but I snapped out of that after being there for about a half hour. I felt like I did have some trouble on the air today, slurring my speech here and there, jumbling my words, forgetting what I was going to say next. Ugh!

Went to the hospital to get Neulasta injection. Came home, slept for about an hour. My son visited from Parkersburg – we had a nice time, just the two of us. Then met Ric back at the station and went to the ballpark. Great evening, exciting ballgame.

My legs started to hurt again late into the game, otherwise it had been a pain-free day!

It’s not been an entirely easy day… I’ve had to push myself… and yet I’ve still had happy times. I feel like I’m doing a pretty good job of not pushing myself beyond what is reasonable… but still pushing just enough to move beyond the physical problems and still enjoy my day! Thank God for being with me… and for Ric, who always gives me that little nudge I need from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment