Saturday

6/24/06 - Wine, Jazz & Journaling

Went to the Wine & Jazz Festival today on the University of Charleston riverbank lawn… really nice. Enjoyed just fantastic jazz, both from our own local groups like Steve Himes and the Blue Notes, and the Bob Thompson Unit… and national trumpet great, Chris Botti. Very weary at the end of the evening though. Long days like this, even though enjoyable, are difficult.

I did meet several women tonight who are reading my journal and listening on the radio. One had a mammogram because of my messages on air. One finds inspiration from my journal to help care for her father who has cancer. And others are glad that I’m helping to get the word out about the importance of caring for ourselves. Sometimes I just can’t see how the recording of events of my daily life can be helpful to anyone… but occasionally hearing from others, like these ladies tonight, reminds me that that’s all God ever asked me to do… just record my real feelings and experiences… and He would take it from there. It reinforces my mission to continue. And God never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment