Wednesday

12/21/11 - Waiting... and Voila!

Ric and I are hoping to hear from the doctor today regarding the full pathology report from last week's surgery.  Despite being told it would take a week, we were hoping to hear yesterday too, and the day before, and the day before that.  Ah, waiting is hard!  If the report shows clear zones on the breast tissue and lymph nodes removed, then no more surgeries and onto chemotherapy!  I'm ready to get moving on this little "project!"  I'm also ready to get this dang drain out of my side... I know I'll feel so much better when it's gone.  I was checking online last night and browsing through wigs.  I had 3 wigs the last time and donated two of them to the American Cancer Society, keeping the one my mom and dad bought for me.  If I'm going to lose my hair, I'm going to have fun with it.  And if I'm going to BUY my hair, I'm going to buy STRAIGHT hair.  I've made peace with my curly hair, but I'm going to enjoy having smooth, sleek, shiny, manageable, straight hair for a while.

OH MY!  The phone just rang!  It was Dr. Covelli!  Path report back, no more cancer was found!!!!!  Yippee!  WooHoo!  Thank you, God!  I finally got my "Get Out of Jail Free" card!  Oh man, I am so blessed. 

Next step?  I'll be referred to David Lee Cancer Center again with Dr. Cohen and we'll start chemo sometime after the first of the year.  I will have to have one more minor surgery - and that is to insert a port in my chest for the delivery of chemo, which will be removed after chemo is over.  The port saves  the veins and is a painless way to receive the chemo treatments, so I'm all for it.

Well, good way to start the day!  Thanks for your prayers and loving support.  Yes, I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment