Friday

12/23/11 - Waiting... for Decorations?

Hmmmmm... I think I've used the Waiting title before.  There is a lot of waiting from the time the doctor feels the lump and says, "We need to take a closer look at that" and the time the treatment begins.  Yet, I look back and each period of waiting led to the next step, all of which are necessary for a correct diagnosis and proper treatment.  I've had the mammogram, ultra sound, biopsy, surgery, second surgery, and yesterday I received a call from David Lee Cancer Center and set up an appointment for January 3.  At that time, Dr. Cohen will discuss with Ric and I what kind of chemotherapy I'll receive, on what schedule, and when it will start.  I am content with waiting until after the holidays.  I also know that I'll need a minor surgery to insert the port in my chest (for use in the chemo infusions), a full body scan, and a brain scan.  Always scary to think what they might find in a brain scan, and I'm not talking about cancer!  Oh the things stored in my brain.  LOL!

I was hoping to have less than 40 cc's of fluid coming from the drain by today, so I could have it removed before the weekend.  But no, 45... so I guess this little contraption is going to spend Christmas with me.  In the world of problems, this is no biggie.  My friend, Jamie, decorated her cat's cone with Christmas bows, so I guess I could put a little bow on my drain for Christmas Day.  If a cat can deal with decorated humiliation, so can I!  Ho Ho Ho!

1 comment: