Wednesday

4/26/06 - Rough Start

It’s lately been very difficult to get out of bed in the mornings. However, I know that once I get up and start moving… I will feel better. Today was more difficult, however, to get up… but I did… and showered to get ready to go to work. After the shower… whoa… ringing in my ears, head spinning, felt like I was submerged under water. Oh my, I was about to pass out. I called for Ric and held the walls to make my way back to the bedroom.

I was okay once I laid down again… but could barely talk. I guess this is the major fatigue I’ve heard about.

Ric called the doctor. Although my blood pressure is normal, it is always on the low end… that could have been the cause of the reaction after a hot shower. Since I have more energy in the evenings than in the mornings, I need to change my routine to an evening shower. Also, I need to make sure I’m getting plenty of fluids. Although normally a heavy drinker – of water! – it’s been really difficult after chemo treatments to drink enough. My taste buds change… and water tastes like metal or chemicals. Yuck. I drink as much as I can, but it’s hard to keep from gagging. Cranberry juice tastes good, so I’ve been drinking that. That’s okay, but I still need to try to get more water. Also, told me today is a day I just need to give in to the fatigue and rest and sleep as much as I need.

So… although I slept 8 hours during the night… I also slept an additional 6 on and off throughout the day! Guess my body’s telling me something.

I certainly didn’t expect this today. After the last treatment, each day got better! This is a frustrating set-back. Oh well… one day at a time… tomorrow will be better. I’m sure of it!

Idol Results Night

Watched American Idol tonight (of course)… it’s a fun diversion! At the beginning of the show, Simon apologized for berating Katharine’s performance! Awesome! He said he saw the replay on tape, and realized he was wrong. Randy also admitted to making a mistake in judging her. Paula Obnoxious said she wasn’t harsh to begin with. I’m losing more and more respect for this lady… she, like the others, needed to own up to the mistake. I think next year, they should definitely look for another female to replace her as judge. I think Bette Midler would be fun! Anyway, Katharine and Chris received the highest number of votes. Yes… my 3 votes made a difference! At least I’d like to think so. Kelli left the show… she’s a sweetheart indeed… but we do not need another “dumb blonde” as an idol for anyone who wants to make it in the entertainment world. I don’t think Kelli was as dumb as she pretended to be… it just worked for her in the beginning, so she hung on. All these kids who have been in the top 10 seem like great kids, whom their families can be proud of. Whenever one leaves the show, I’m happy that they at least get a year of being on-tour. I’m taking this whole American Idol thing too seriously. Well, no I’m not… they are real people… and it’s fun to see people get a spectacular chance to pursue their dream! That’s a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment