Sunday

3/11/12 - Chemo #3

Receiving Chemo #3
THREE down and ONE to go!  I can't see the finish line yet, but I know it's there!  I slept through most of Thursday's chemotherapy treatment.  The nurses said I was out like a light.  I don't even remember getting the chemo drugs, since apparently the anti-nausea meds I was given first, knocked me out.  But I know I had them!  The cumulative effect of chemo is very present this time around.  I'm not sick and only have a little bone and muscle pain, but I have that weird feeling I can only describe as "chemo-y"... sensitive skin, red face and chest, extreme fatigue, and trembling inside.  I feel it much more intensely this time.  Dr. Cohen lowered my dosage of Taxotere, so I'm not feeling as much numbness as with the last two treatments.  However, I do feel disoriented now and then.  I worked yesterday, and I know I was there, but I don't remember much about it. This morning as I was walking Bodhi, I spoke to some folks in the neighborhood, and I had trouble forming my sentences.  I didn't fall asleep until sometime after 6am this morning, and then woke at around 10, so lack of sleep is contributing to my general fogginess too, I suppose.

I can't complain.  I'm functioning, able to walk with Bodhi, albeit slower than we used to.  I'd say I'm doing pretty well.  Ric and I went to the bookstore today and after a while I had to come home to lie down.  But when I pulled in the driveway after driving home in the gorgeous sunshine, and saw Bodhi looking through the window, I thought, "I just have to take this little guy for a walk... he deserves it!"  So we walked for one hour!  Found out I'm capable of more than I think sometimes.  Aren't we all?
Whole-grain blueberry pancakes




(Ric and I always go to iHop after chemo for pancakes!  We did it in 2006 and are doing it this time around too.  Don't know why... just a silly little tradition we started.)

No comments:

Post a Comment