Tuesday

3/6/12 - Coming Up... Chemo Number Three

Started feeling a little anxious yesterday.  Chemo #3 is coming up on Thursday and I'm not looking forward to it.  I feel good, but I wish I felt better going into this next treatment.  Although I'm watching what I eat, I'm gaining weight... and I have to start taking the steroids again tomorrow morning... which also means very little sleep for the 6 days that I'll be taking them.  Mmmmmm.  As I write this, I realize I'm dwelling on the unpleasant things.  Well, chemo IS unpleasant... but it's also what is freeing me of any cancer that may remain in my body.  And, with this next treatment, I will be more than half-way through!  Aw, c'mon, Jeanne, you can keep this up for a while longer.  Yes, I can!  Blood work tomorrow.  Chemo the next day.  Friends from Unity Church will be bringing meals for 4 or 5 days.  I can sleep on an irregular schedule for a few days until I go back to work on Monday.  I'll be okay!

As my friend, Debby, reminded me not long ago... Every day I wake up is another day closer to treatments being over... and being healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment