Wednesday

3/7/12 - Third Chemo Tomorrow

Ha, ha, ha-ha, ha!  I don't have to work tomorrow!

Well, no... but you hyped-up on steroids goofball... you DO have a chemotherapy treatment tomorrow at 8:30 am! 

Oh, yeah, that.

I do feel much better about this than I have the last couple days.  I feel very fortunate that I only have to have four treatments altogether this time... and after tomorrow's treatment, I will only have one more to go.  I'm moving right along.

Dr. Cohen is going to slightly lower the dosage of Taxotere this time.  The numbness and stinging in my fingers and especially my feet has not gone away.  Although it's a common side effect, the numbness should go away several days before the next treatment.  He thinks my previous doses may have been a little too high for me. Plus, he fears I could have permanent nerve damage if I remain on the same dosage.  I already have some permanent damage from the 2006 Taxol chemo drug, in the form of restless leg syndrome, so I'm in complete agreement with this adjustment.  Here's a link with some info about neuropathy (nerve damage).  Neuropathy

No comments:

Post a Comment