Saturday

3/31/12 – Continuing the Mend


Although I had a restless night’s sleep, I awoke feeling good enough for a morning walk with Bodhi.  I marveled at this dog the whole time we were walking and told him over and over how grateful I was to have him in my life.  Whenever I’m overcome with this feeling for him, I can’t help but remember he came to his original owners from the Kanawha Charleston Human Society... he was a rescue!  Ric and I got him from foster care when he was 3 years old.  This wonderful dog could have been one of the thousands that are put to sleep every year because no one adopted him.  What a loss.  I prayed for all the dogs and cats that are now in the shelter that simply need a loving home.  And there is a loving home that needs one of them!  I prayed for a match.  I recently read that black dogs are the last to be adopted and the first to be euthanized, for a variety of reasons, including that some people perceive black animals as menacing, but mostly because their eyes and fur color blend in so much that people can’t really get a sense of personality in their faces, and their "ordinary"  black faces get lost in the sea of faces of every hopeful dog looking through the shelter cage.  Isn’t that amazing?  I never knew.  So I prayed harder for the black animals.

I came home feeling a little tired, but it was a good tired.  I’ve had my last chemo treatment now, so I’ll get my strength back.

And to help get my strength back, instead of my usual healthy oatmeal for breakfast, I had a slice of CHERRY PIE!  Thanks, Linda!  It was De. Li. Cious!

No comments:

Post a Comment