Tuesday

7/11/06 - Seven Eleven

Today is 7/11… always makes me smile. Steve always calls our local 7-Eleven store and wishes them a happy birthday… but they always hang up on him. Where oh where is the sense of humor… and the Thank You?

It’s a good day physically… just a little pain in my feet. I went through the day without medication.

I received an e-mail today from another woman in the area who’s recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and is about to undergo chemotherapy. She’s been reading my journal and said it’s been helpful to her as she’s trying to understand what to expect. I so often think about not posting my journal on-line for various reasons, but then someone always tells me they’re really glad I share it… for various reasons. Today I realized that I need to keep posting it especially so that the information is available for someone who’s just found out they’re beginning their own breast cancer journey. Each of our experiences are different, physically and emotionally… but there are many experiences common to all. I’ve had the benefit of receiving information and support from people I never knew before… because I’m in a public workplace… and women can contact me easily. Others don’t have this benefit… but if I keep my journal public… then it is accessible to anyone who needs it. God uses all sorts of ways to keep us connected… and I sure don’t want to limit that work!

My last chemo treatment is coming up this Thursday. Wow! It really seems like yesterday that Ric and I were walking out of the office on our way to the first one! Treatment Thursday, a couple weeks of side effects… and this part of the journey will be finished. Dr. Cohen told me some of the side effects may linger for months… but I expect they will be fairly mild.

Well, my wig’s feeling tight… time to go put on a ball cap… and check on my peach fuzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment