Friday

7/28/06 - Vacation Day 4

It’s Friday already… the last day of vacation together. I’m going to miss my little girls. Still have most of the day though… so let’s enjoy!

I fixed breakfast, then brunch… then we went out to lunch – Tierra and Sophie were hungry today! After lunch we went back to B-A-M… they love going there. Tierra pretends like she’s the mom dropping Sophie off at daycare… and I’m the babysitter. (Not to be conceited, but my daycare has more books than any other, and a nice selection of educational toys too.) Next we had to make a trip to Target… for pajamas and an outfit for each of my girls. Then sunglasses on all and back up I-77 to Vienna to see mom and dad.

Daniel and Jill are making a video of the family and the area to send to his mom in Mexico. When they put the camera on me it was like I forgot every word I’d learned in Spanish. Then I couldn’t even think of what to say in English. So I just told Daniel what I would like to say to her, and he translated.

Soon it was time to leave. I almost cried when I left the girls, but tried not to. I got stuck in traffic on the interstate on the way home. After about two hours of not moving, I looked behind me where they had been in their car seats the past few days, and did start to cry. Of course, it would not have been good to have been stuck in traffic with two little kids… especially since it ended up being over 3 hours altogether.

As to the accident on I-77, traffic was shut down in both directions. I had been stopped for about 15 minutes thinking I was going to miss the Lighthouse Café at our church, where Ric was singing… when I realized I was only being inconvenienced, and my life would not change because of this… but someone may have died in the accident that had shut down the interstate. The lives of their family would be forever changed. With Tierra and Sophie, I had witnessed spontaneous kindness and generosity between them… and watched them do the right thing without even thinking. But it took me 15 minutes to even think to do the right thing – which was to pray for the accident victims and their families. That’s why Jesus said we were to be like little children!

When I got home I kept seeing little signs of Tierra and Sophie, which made me miss them so much… a little piece of paper with Tierra’s handwriting, Sophie’s little stool in front of the bathroom sink, three pillows lined up on the bed, the little blue octopus we used to give each other massages… I love them so much. I didn’t think I would get this time with them because of chemo, radiation and all, so I’m really grateful that we had these few days together… it was a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment