Wednesday

7/19/06 - Hee-hee, Ha-ha

It’s been a couple tough days. There’s a lot of pain in my legs. But sometimes the pain is not very intense… and that’s good. When the pain’s not so bad though, I have that numb feeling throughout my body. I don’t like it. I’ve also been extremely tired, and deal with upset stomach once or twice a day. Thank goodness this is the last week. And in that sense, I’m lucky. It all goes away. I’ve still been able to work, and work continues to help me take my focus off the physical problems. Not a day goes by that somebody at work doesn’t make me laugh… whether we’re sharing a personal story, the latest family predicament, something that happened on the way to work, a funny joke, the dumb thing we just did… whatever… at some point during the work day… I’m bound to laugh.

I took a nap after work today… just exhausted. Woke up feeling depressed again. Decided to get up and go to the station’s Working Women’s Wednesday. Thought my emotions were under control, but got a little teary when I arrived. Sandy, Kim, Doris, and Trish cheered me up. We had a good time… and I got over the “feeling sad” hump. We had some good laughs. Actually I met several women who brightened my day and gave me encouragement. Women are good at that!

Laughter… we’ve all heard is the best medicine. We’ve got to put ourselves among other people to make it happen. We can read things that make us laugh… but even then, we have to have been around others to be able to relate to the thing that makes us laugh.

God, thanks for giving us all just enough quirks… to be comedians!

No comments:

Post a Comment