Wednesday

7/26/06 - Vacation Day 2

I made breakfast for the girls… took it in to the table by the window. Sophie was ready… wearing nightgown, sandals and sunglasses! After breakfast, the girls put on a kid’s music and dance video. They were singing and dancing to “Blue Suede Shoes”… Papa Ric came into the room and starting singing along. Tierra’s eyes and mouth grew bigger and bigger as he finished the song… I think she was quite surprised that he knew all the words to this new song made just for kids in 2006!

We went to the Clay Center to see Dorothy the Dinosaur. It was fun. V100 had a Milk & Cookies gathering after the performance. Tierra saved her appetite for Taco Bell. But not Sophie… before I realized it she had eaten three cookies. She was then just a little hyper. We all worked off some energy at the Gizmo Factory in the Clay Center. Unfortunately for me, I had less energy to spare than the girls.

We came back home and watched the Care Bear movie, and Tierra and Sophie danced to some more videos. I love watching them sing and dance!

In the evening Sophie showed her little toy from the Clay Center to Papa. It was a flashlight-type toy, with little lights inside of different colors that would spin around and light up when you pushed a button. Papa put the light under his chin and made scary sounds, which sent both girls screaming and giggling, hiding their heads under pillows on the sofa. Then we turned out all the lights so that it became even scarier! More screaming and squealing. I eventually left them to their fun and went downstairs to finish up some laundry. When I came out of the laundry room door, hands were up in the air at my face and a mean ole lady scared me! I screamed! She laughed out loud! The “mean ole lady” was my sweet little Tierra! She said, “It wasn’t my fault… Papa made me do it!”

We all calmed down… just a bit… and went to bed. Sophie took her little Dorothy the Dinosaur to bed. After our massages, Sophie put Dorothy under her belly, lights were turned out, and we began to drift off to sleep. Sophie would make little moves in her sleep that would accidentally push the button that made Dorothy sing. I tried not to laugh, and I could her muffled little laughs from Tierra. We eventually just giggled out loud, and then Tierra found the button to turn off Dorothy for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment