Monday

7/17/06 - Not Feeling So Good

No more Decadron to take! Yeah! So slept better last night. Took a pain pill at about 3 am, and woke up with no pain. Surprising… because it usually stays pretty intense for several days. I did wake up at about 6 am, then dozed again off and on for about a half hour before getting up. Washed my face this morning… almost all my eyelashes are gone. Yuck.

After I got to work, I started feeling weird… no pain, but my entire body was partially numb, and my head felt like it does when going up in the mountains and the altitude changes. I’d turn my head and it seemed like things moved in slow motion. Slightly dizzy when I walked. I’ve felt this way before but just for short periods of time. Today, it lasted all through the workday. I was actually scared… and would have almost rather had the usual pain. I understood the pain. This feeling was different. I told Ric about it… and he said it’s probably just a cumulative effect of the chemo… not to worry… my body’s full of chemicals.

After lunch I got very sick. No pain in my legs, but did have that feeling like they could give out from under me. I had to walk carefully. The numb feeling continued… so I went home. By the time I got home the pain had returned. I took a pain pill and slept for a couple hours. When I woke up, I felt fine. Painted more trim in the living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment