Tuesday

7/25/06 - Vacation Day 1

Appointment with Dr. Covelli – everything A-OK. When radiation over, and he gets the okay from the oncologist, the port in my chest will be removed.

After the appointment, Jill, Tierra, Sophie and I had lunch at Applebee’s. Tierra sounded so grown-up in the way she joined in the conversation. And she’s only seven! After lunch it was just Grandma and granddaughters.

Tierra brought several DVD’s… and she and Sophie danced to children’s music. It was so cute.

We went to the bookstore in the evening. Tierra loves to read and is such a good reader… above her grade level. Sophie kept bringing me things… books (especially ones that also had little buttons with sound effects), puppets, and toys.

I made dinner for the girls… macaroni and tuna with cheese… okay… it was Tuna Helper. But they ate almost the entire thing!

The three of us slept in our queen-size bed… big pillows for Tierra and I and a little one for Sophie. It has been a tradition with Tierra and I to give each other back massages with the “Blue Octopus” (a gift from Jill a few Christmases ago) before we go to sleep. So Sophie received her first relaxing, rejuvenating, pampering massage… and Tierra and I received our giggling massage from Sophie.

Believe it or not, we actually do fall asleep fairly quickly after all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment