Sunday

2/18/12 - A Pink Message

For October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, each year The Chop House invites breast cancer survivors who have participated in the Charleston Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure to come have lunch on them.  It's a lovely time of sharing stories, hope and being grateful to have survived this disease.  The food is awesome, too!  At my first luncheon in 2006, either we all received a begonia plant, or I won one as a gift... I don't remember which.  I've kept it inside and watered it all these years, but it never bloomed again.  Until recently... it has been blooming ever since my second surgery in December!  I do believe it is a message from God that no matter what is going on... I am to LIVE joyfully!

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure why but this post brought the tears to my eyes. You are always so positive that is what makes you such a wonderful person and the best mother ever!

    ReplyDelete