Sunday

2/18/12 - Retreat

From the "Daily Word" devotional that I read each morning:

SANCTUARY - Friday, February 17, 2012
I am safe and protected in the sanctuary of God's Care. 
     Jesus reminded us of the importance of having a sanctuary - a place for retreat.  He withdrew often to spend quiet time with God and to rest and pray.
     In the busyness of my everyday life, I, too, need a place to call my sanctuary, a place where I feel safe and protected, and able to relax, rejuvenate and reconnect with spirit.
     My sanctuary might be a physical space, such as a special room in my home, a church I attend, or a park I like to visit.  Or my sanctuary might be a state of mind and heart, where I retreat in prayer and meditation.
     In my sanctuary, I relase my innermost feelings and concerns to God.  I visit it often, and when I'm there, I rest in God's love, safety and support.
He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest a while." -Mark 6:31

This is a favorite place in my house for a quiet morning retreat before I go to work.  I try to keep it uncluttered so that it's a peaceful place to sit and unclutter my mind!  I have the blessing of looking out over the woods in the back of our house.  An old window from England, that Ric and I found at Goodwill, sits in our window... gives me a sort of connection to the rest of the world and keeps me less self-focused.

Here's this morning's reading...
I love this... 

GRACE - Saturday, February 18, 2012
I am a blessed and beloved child of God.
     When a ball is thrown against a wall, it bounces back.  Likewise, the actions and energy I send out return to me in kind. I give love and I am blessed by love's return.  I hold positive thoughts and they contribute to the good I experience.
     When I become aware that I have made a mistake or expressed less than my full potential, God's grace softens the consequence and guides me through a learning opportunity.  It is as if I've thrown a ball against the wall and it deflected at an angle, instead of returning to me at full impact.  I am a blessed and beloved child of God, growing into the full expression of my divine potential.  I learn from mistakes and accept God's grace with a grateful heart.
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all. -Titus 2:11

No comments:

Post a Comment