Thursday

2/2/12 - No More Bad Hair Days

On Tuesday morning before I left the hospital, I combed my hair, only to find out it was coming out in chunks!  I both combed and ran my fingers thru my hair and filled up a large trash container.  My hair was pretty thick!  When nothing else was coming out, I knew I would take the scissors to the rest of it when I got home.  This was so different from last time.  My hair came out very gradually.  This time it happened in virtually one day!  I probably still had 90% of my hair the night before.  After the morning combing and lifting away, I probably had only 10% left before the final snips.

I looked like a chemo patient.  (Duh!)  When Ric came to get me from the hospital, he told me to get in the car quickly and duck so that no one would see me! 

Got home, sat down on the bathroom floor in front of the mirror with the little trash container.  I sat because I knew this was going to take a while.  Snip, snip, snip... a few more snips... and the job was finished in a couple minutes.  Well, almost.

Ric was outside with Bodhi, so I decided to have a little fun.  I left one long strip on the side to give me a kind of rocker look.  Ric loved it!  Handed me his tie-dye t-shirt, told me to put on some big earrings, and we had a little photo op:

 Ric called me Jammin' Jeanne K!


1 comment:

  1. You are amazing.
    I did the same with my hair. One day it was there - the next I had big chunks coming out. I couldn't stand all that hair falling on me l took the scissors and cut it as short as I could. No one wanted to shave it for me - fearing their tears as well as mine I guess. My best friends son-in-law was studying nursing, so I told him to come practice on my head. As much as I hated losing my hair, it was such a relief to just do it and be less stressed. I would recommend this for everyone. Take control - don't let it control or stress you.

    ReplyDelete