Tuesday

1/10/12 - Brunette or Blonde?

After my weekend of tons of sleep (any more and I would have gone into hibernation), I have been feeling TERRIFIC... back to my old self again!  Yesterday after work, I finally dug into the laundry that needed to be done, and several other household chores.  I was actually enjoying doing "muh chores!"  Also I received some good news at work that relieved a ton of stress.  I am ready, Cancer, to show you the way out! 

BTW, I'm not much of a fighter.  Even when I've lost my temper, I always look back knowing I could have handled it better.  So, I don't "fight" cancer.  I'm not in a battle.  I think there are better uses of my energy.  Both times I've had cancer now, I've learned a lot from having a serious disease, and I've had experiences that wouldn't have happened and come to know people that I wouldn't have met otherwise.  So, with a promise to myself to keep my eyes and mind open to new things, I tell my little guest that it has now overstayed it's welcome, and that it's time to leave.  When I receive chemo, I will experience it as God's healing light moving through my body.  My physicians, nurses and God will work together.

Marching forward now... I have another surgery tomorrow to insert the port for chemo delivery.  I should read my own 2006 journal to make certain, but I'm pretty sure this will be an easy surgery.  I'll be working tomorrow until 1:00 and then leave for the hospital for the surgery to implant the port at 2:00.  And hopefully be back at work on Thursday.

When I heal for a week or two from that surgery, we'll begin chemo.  Gotta go now and order a wig.  Brunette or blonde or something in between?  (Not red... I tried that last time and it just didn't work.)  Whattya think? 

8 comments:

  1. Will be praying for you as you have your surgery and chemo. I can remember a time when people did not mention the word "cancer" let alone write a blog about it. I am so glad the you are able to do this, am sure it helps you to have all of your listeners on your side. Things are better shared, so we all will be with you as you go through this "cancer" thing. As for the wig color, I think you will be beautiful in any color you choose. God be with you and Ric and I will be listening for your voice, back on the radio. "When I pray, I will pray for you, cause you need his love and his care, when I pray I will pray for you, I will whisper your name in my prayer." Much love, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say a prayer for you tomorrow that your doctor has God's guidance in inserting that port. I have a port for my antibiotics,(which I finished up this morning.) YAY!!! Just remember that you have a whole lot of support while you are going through this, and every day. Sam and I love you and Rick and the pets very much. As for the wig, I think you are gorgeous no matter what color you choose, even if you decide to stay bald and just use scarves and hats. :) You are an amazing lady, I love you and I'm praying that you have an end to all of this very soon.

    Jennifer Gibson & Sam Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers going up for you my friend. I love you and no matter what color wig you decide to get, you'll always be a beautiful ray of sunshine....

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what you choose, you'll be beautiful!!!!! You are a beautiful person inside and out! I'll be praying for you and for Ric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie has a fantastic wig she bought for her granddaughter - a Rapunzel type hair. But I think if u need one (and I don't think with that pretty little face that u do) I like what ur hair color and style looks like now is good. Jeanne, thank u for sharing ur personal journey - I'm in awww of what a woman/man must go through in life when faced with such a thing as cancer. I'm in aww of u and Ric - the strength and love u show each other in times of troubles. The jokes and laughter in times of joy. Praying for a land mark 50 more years for u my friend so u can tell on ur big 110 how u and Ric beat the odds. Love u. Whomp ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well we know you're beautiful as you are so have some fun and get something different. I did a straight shag as I've got curly natural hair - more so than before chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just want to let you know that you are an inspiration to me. Recently diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer and currently doing chemo. I look forward to reading your blogs. Maybe I will get the opportunity to see you at the David lee Cancer Center.
    you are a beautiful lady. You will look good no matter what you decide.
    Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had saved my 3 wigs. I would have given you those. I took them to the wig shop @ the hospital. It's nice to have a little variety depending on your mood. As said above, you would look good in any color. Scarves are nice too. I'll be holding you in prayer and light tomorrow. Love you, Marianne

    ReplyDelete