Sunday

1/8/12 - Don't Worry, Be Happy


On Friday night, I slept for 14 hours! Woke up at 1:30 only because Ric sent a text to me from Pittsburgh, and I heard the ding on my iPhone. I did get up at 6:30 a.m. and took Bodhi for a short walk, but then crawled back into my comfy warm bed. Last night... 14 more hours of sleep (with a brief early morning walk with my dog) and a nice long walk with Bodhi this afternoon... I think I made good use of the weekend for some healing. Ric's poem (on my Friday blog post), a very helpful phone conversation with my daughter, Jill, (who teaches me more and more every day), yesterday's fun visit with my friend, Jennifer, and Aila Accad's advice on de-stressing... also "helped make me the woman I am TODAY."  :-)

Here's Aila's advice on de-stressing:


A future focused mind worries... Stress is all about not feeling in control.  Any future event is fertile ground for stress, since your mind can't come up with anything that can control the future.  A worrying mind goes around and around the same thoughts with no solution.  This builds a case for fear, anxiety & ultimately panic!  Trying not to worry doesn't work.

What can you do?  Here are two tips...


Put that future oriented mind to work in a positive direction by creating a Vision of the future you want rather than worrying about the one you fear.  

Be Grateful.  When you find yourself worrying make a decision to think about one thing you are grateful for in that moment.  

See more at Aila's website:  Creating a Vision Board

No comments:

Post a Comment