Saturday

1/20/12 - Post from Ric

To Jeanne from Ric:

You make it sound like a mini vacation! Ha! You definitely have a wonderful perspective on all this! It inspires me to watch you shape your days, your way!

I know you "get it" because we walked down this road a little over six years ago, and even when we faced so many unknowns, you decided you were the victor, before the treatment protocols began!

You taught me something extremely important 6 years ago, and the lesson continues today. You decided very early that you needed to be public with your experience... The good, the bad, and the hilarious!
I recall, like it was yesterday, sitting in Mike Buxser's office. You, me, Mike and Rick Johnson. Mike expressed his concerns for you going public before you knew the extent of your condition. He likewise backed you 100% in whatever you decided. I was quietly hoping he'd talk you out of it...but he stepped right on your train and committed any resources to help you through that round. I thought, WOW! What's wrong with me??  I was more frightened of the proceedings than you!
I feared allowing too many folks to be open to this very sensitive and delicate life change.
You saw it differently, Mike trusted your judgement, and I found my place on the caboose!
Okay, I'm going to say it. Read this carefully...
YOU WERE RIGHT...I WAS WRONG.... Mike was wise.

It's back... We are on it. We know the routine. And I couldn't be more encouraged that the support of loving friends is just incredible and perhaps the most important ingredient in the healing remedy.
Now, I know you NEVER went into this with the idea of grabbing the public for support. No, you had one thought in mind: using the radio forum to help anyone who would listen. You wanted to lessen the blow to anyone who found themselves with a similar diagnosis. You were quite clear that radio was NOT your career choice. In fact, you are the same straight-A student who threw her books to the floor, and marched out of a classroom because you refused to give a speech!

Now, here you are in radio...
With cancer...
Talking to women every day in over 17 counties of West Virginia...
A voice with a message.
On the air,
In your blog,
In community speeches,
(And at home).
You are ministering, and being ministered to.
You are defining Grace, as you open yourself to receive it.
You are defeating cancer, by embracing it, then inviting it to leave you alone.
And you are exemplifying life, not by chasing after remedies, but by recognizing the blessings of life in every... EVERY aspect of living it.

You are a blessing to our little corner of the world... Our little family of West Virginians... And to your partner and good buddy, Ricky.

I've often passed along a favorite quote of mine, long before I realized you would be my best living example of it's proclamation:
"Don't tell God how big your mountain is... Tell your mountain how big your GOD is.
You are quite amazing Jeanne K. Your husband is a lucky guy.

2 comments:

  1. So very well said my friend. Love & prayers to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful Ric! Jeanne K is an amazing lady. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete