Sunday

1/21/12 - Thanks Bodhi!

When I came home from work today, Bodhi was ready to go out for our afternoon walk.  I was spent.  I let him outside on the chain in the front yard, which I seldom do.  When I let him back in, he followed me to the bedroom, waiting for me to change into sweats and jogging shoes.  Can a dog look disappointed when he sees you put on pj's instead?  He looked at me and barked, and whined.  Why doesn't he sense that I'm not able to do this right now? 

Later...

Tonight, I looked at Bodhi curled up on his blanket on the corner of the sofa, and I suddenly felt like going for a walk with him!  I asked him if he wanted to walk, and he jumped off the couch with excitement!  I changed clothes and off we went!  Although I love walking with him in the sunshine, I relish our nighttime walks too... so peaceful... just Bodhi and I walking along, me laughing at our long legs in the shadows of the street lights.  It felt good to breathe the cold air and fill my lungs with the outdoors. 

One of the things I really want to do differently during the chemo treatments this time around is to EXERCISE.  Last time, I stopped exercising, gained too much weight, and I'm sure I would have felt better if I would have maintained an exercise routine.  A friend of mine, Sharon, had her own bout with breast cancer soon after my first time... she is a runner, and kept right on running throughout her treatments.  She made me realize it was possible to do this.  (Thanks, Sharon!)  I have been walking in the mornings, but until tonight, had dropped off the other two walks Bodhi and I took in the afternoon and evening.  I realize I'm not going to be able to do 3 walks everyday right after a chemo treatment.  But I did realize I can continue to exercise often and daily!  I have to be in tune with my body's needs and be sensible about when to rest and when to move.  I can do that.  And I believe this little doggie of mine will sense when to push me out the door!  So I've learned...

Find a positive thing to do... and do more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment