Sunday

1/1/12 - Eat, Pray, Love

For three days now, I have been normal.  (Ric... I know you will read this.  So, no comments, please.)  What I mean, is... my emotional hysterics are over.  The immense fatigue has passed.  I feel terrific!

Last Thursday evening, I went to a going-away party for a friend who's moving out of the country.  At that party were many other friends, several of whom are also breast cancer survivors.  All of these women who were at the party are ones I consider very, very special.  I felt a powerful energy just being in their presence.  I also had a chance to hear again some of their experiences with breast cancer, which provided reassurance to me that I would be well again.  Marianne even gave me a gentle shoulder and upper back massage.  Ever since that night, I've just felt lighter and more free and joyful.

I don't mean to discredit the source of strength Ric has been to me.  And many others, who've wished me well, brought food and gifts to us,  and prayed for me.  Ric even encouraged me to go to the party.  It's just that it all came together AT the party.  I was in an environment that was a celebration.  Not for me, but for my friend moving away.  But a celebration nonetheless.

So, the lesson here?  Ladies, when you're in a slump... surround yourself with a bunch of WOMEN you love... eat, laugh and be merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment