Sunday

8/13/06 - Tattoo Talk

Ric’s vacation officially started today and he went to Pittsburgh to visit his family. I cried. We’re buddies… joined at the hip… best friends. I’m missing him already.

Jill and Daniel and Sophie came down to visit. We had a great time. Jill told me earlier this week that Tierra put a temporary tattoo on Sophie’s arm and since it hadn’t disappeared after several baths, Jill took it off with alcohol… and Sophie had a fit… saying “Where my tattoo?” I told Jill and Daniel to go out and have some time to themselves for a while, and I’d watch Sophie… and maybe take my little 2-year old granddaughter to get a real tattoo and her belly-button pierced! They left anyway… guess they didn’t believe me.

A little later I saw that Sophie had a temp tattoo on her belly. I asked her where she got it. She said, “Tierra.” Then she scrunched up her face and said in a louder, rougher voice as she pointed to her arm, “Mommy! No tattoo!” Me thinks she was still a bit miffed.

My right eye had been bothering me all day. I asked Jill if she could see anything in it, and she said there was a large bump on my eyelid. I took out my contacts (which enables me to see better close-up) and could see the nasty thing. You’d think, with cancer, chemo, and all… I’d get a grace period for a while from other little physical ailments! But no… now there’s another embellishment to the Pillsbury Doughboy look.

Ric and I talked on the phone several times today. I miss him… and would like to see my Pittsburgh family too. But I’m glad he’s having a good time… he works hard, misses his family, and deserves some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment