Saturday

8/5/06 - Am I Conscious?

Somehow I set my clock ahead one hour again. I don’t know how or why! I got up for work an hour earlier than I needed to… and I could have used the extra hour of sleep. I woke up during the night, because my left arm was hurting. I stretched, rolled from side to side, still aching. I put my arm up in the air, and then I opened my eyes. Through the moonlight I could see that it was swollen. Oh no! One of my fears – the onset of lymphedema! I turned on the lights, looked closely and compared it with my other arm. Yes… definitely swollen. What did I do to cause this? I didn’t lift anything heavy at the remote. I do remember twisting a straining just a bit with the tent. Could something that small have caused it? What do I do now? Dr. Plants said if swelling occurred, to take care of it asap, otherwise it usually becomes a chronic condition. I didn’t know what to do in the middle of the night except to prop my arm on a pillow, and keep it raised above heart level. If swelling not gone by morning, then I will call the doctor. Turned out it was gone by morning. Now I’m wondering… did that rally happen or did I dream it? No, I remember getting up and walking into the bathroom to make sure it was really swollen. Or was that part of a dream too?

At work today, I saw an ant in the studio. Now my mind is definitely playing tricks on me. As areas of numbness in my toes and feet are beginning to recover, I feel tingling sensations from time to time… but now I’m looking quickly to see if it’s ants crawling on me! No it’s not of course. But it’s a yucky feeling!

Ric and I went out for dinner, and for the first time since chemo began, I had shrimp… and salad too… delicious! Oh, and dessert! Now if I start to wonder whether this was real or not… I can find out by just getting on the scales tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment