Friday

8/4/06 - Work and Play

Good day at work… energy is returning. Had a remote broadcast after work. It was very hot outside, with high humidity. My ankles swelled. However, I wasn’t any more tired than anyone else dealing with the heat. I wore a wig to the remote, because the bangs cover my eyebrows, or rather the place where my eyebrows used to be. But never again, when I’m going to be working outside. The wig was just entirely too hot, and unbearably itchy. Next time I’m working outside in the heat… it’ll be a hat ‘n scarf. With no hair, eyelashes or eyebrows… yep, the Pillsbury Dough Boy look!

Sometimes I worry about not looking my best for public appearances, but Ric said, “Heck girl, you went public with your breast cancer… now don’t go out and try to hide what you’ve been through. Everybody understands. Besides you still look beautiful.” Ah, he knows all the right words.

Ric asked me if I wanted to go to see the movie, “Talladaga Nights, the Ballad of Ricky-Bobby.” I thought the funniest thing about the movie would be the title, but I was wrong. I laughed my head off. It was dumb comedy, I guess… but I got completely caught up in it. I was still laughing on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment