Thursday

8/3/06 - Pedicures, Peaches and Stuff

It’s been a good three days. Although I still get tired towards the end of the day, I’m feeling better and better every day. I realize that it takes a while to recover from chemo, so I understand the fatigue. Today, several of us from the radio station went to Stonewall Resort for a seminar. The traveling to and from was especially fun… we laughed a lot. The seminar was good, there was lots of good food, and Stonewall is just beautiful… so it was a different kind of workday… and I rather enjoyed it. Also, I realized how very far I’ve come physically… to be able to make the trip and be in the seminar all day. We did have numerous breaks, however, which made it a lot easier on my legs. I’ve had minimal pain anyway… not even enough to take any medication. Soon it will be gone altogether.

Last night Dot saw a moth in the window, and jumped from the floor, to me, to the window… and punctured four holes in my leg and arm with her claws. I was bleeding and had to use peroxide and antibacterial ointment and bandaids. She’s such a dumb cat. Mokie would never do that… she would have walked around to the window or jumped on the back of the chair. I was so mad at Dot. Yes, the same sweet little cat who would cuddle up to me during some of my most difficult chemo days. She just now jumped on the arm of the chair, put her little paws on my “injured” arm and looked in my eyes as if to say she’s sorry she’s so dumb. I’d already forgiven her anyway.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of a pedicure at Tracy’s Beauty Cottage… a gift from Mary. Oh, it was heavenly. Chemo was so hard on my skin, very drying. My feet took a hit, with a lot of rough spots, plus most of the pain stayed the longest in my feet and ankles. The massage was wonderful, and all the rough spots were smoothed away… and I left the salon feeling very good. A really nice treat.

Working Women’s Wednesday yesterday was good too. For the first time I stayed till it was over, and Ric and I had dinner together. Normal! It’s coming back! (I still don’t know what normal is… none of us really are!) I’m just noticing that my health is returning… and I’m glad about it! (Still no hair… just the fine, light peach fuzz.)

Got some West Virginia White Peaches at the Purple Onion at the Capitol Market. They’re so sweet and juicy and delicious. Alan said they’re even good grilled… with peppers and onions… served with chicken and rice. I mentioned that to Ric… he agreed. But I don’t smell it cooking yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment