Thursday

8/24/06 - Seeing Red

Radiation was at 6:40 this morning… way too early for Jeanne. Starting tomorrow morning all appointments from now on will be 7:20. I can handle that.

I was so tired today. I don’t think the alarm going off at 5:30 a.m. accounted for all the fatigue I felt. Must be the radiation treatment having an effect. To be expected.

Even though I was tired, I came home and took all the furniture, curtains, and accessories that had been stashed in the guest room, and brought them back into the living/dining room. I still have some trim work to finish up, but Mom Cochran is coming to stay with us for a few weeks and I’m sure she would prefer not to sleep between Ric and I.

The red walls, white fireplace look gorgeous. It was a risk painting the walls red – there were so many shades to choose from – but it turned out just the way we wanted… with the look we had imagined. Ric had the idea to move the wicker furniture into the dining room area, and put the table by the big windows in the living room. It looks fantastic. The “den” is so cozy… and there’s a nice view from the table. The other side of the living room is our music area… with piano and guitars. It’s an unconventional arrangement, but it suits us and we like it.

When we moved into the house last year, I planned to take the wallpaper off the bathroom walls first – because it was the smallest area to deal with, then move onto the kitchen… and do the living room/dining room/hallway area last because it would be the biggest job. I recall now how my plan got reversed. I saw one little turned-up corner of wallpaper, and tugged on it just a bit…

No comments:

Post a Comment