Monday

8/21/06 - First Radiation Treatment

My first radiation treatment was today. I didn’t sleep well last night… I tossed and turned and just felt very agitated. I was still a little nervous this morning, even though I tried not to be. Turns out of course that there was no need to be frightened. The treatment was very easy and painless, just as I had been told. The technicians were very friendly and nice… so once again I find myself in good hands at CAMC. My appointments this week are at various times, but starting next week they’ll be early in the morning, before I go to work… which is just what I wanted. So I’ll have a new “morning routine” for the next 6½ weeks. Getting up early will be the most difficult part of the radiation treatments!

RD857

I finally logged onto the Dell website to find out if the battery in my laptop was among those being recalled. I printed out the information including the list of numbers of batteries being recalled and checked it against the number on my battery. Oh my gosh… my number is there! I’ve been using a computer with one of the batteries that could catch on fire!

I’m typing on my flat little friend right now, but with the battery removed and the power cord plugged in. I’ll order a replacement. Sometimes I go for several days in a row without reading the newspaper. Thank goodness I read the newspaper last Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment