Tuesday

4/11/06 - Feeling Blessed

Good to work, live and receive treatments in the same place – allows a regular routine and diverts focus from illness. Not everyone dealing with cancer has the advantages I do. It’s much easier to deal with all this at home. Not only is it easier physically, but all the emotional support is near us too. That’s a definite aid in the healing process.

I recall how when we were doing the fundraising for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we heard many testimonies from patients and families about how the hospital in Tennessee made them feel “at home.” They no doubt understand the at-home feeling is essential to providing the best possible result for patients. I can see from my experience at the David Lee Cancer Center, that out of town people coming here receive a warm welcome and great care. We have a facility in Charleston of which we can be proud.

Today’s been a good day. It’s amazing how just getting ready for work wears me out, but as the day goes on my energy returns. My appetite was back today and I was able to eat. By the end of the workday, I felt really good and realized “I can do this!” Got home and took a short nap – I’m going to make a habit of indulging myself to this afternoon nap – I think it will be good for me during the chemo treatments.

Jenny Murray made dinner for us tonight. Ric’s sister sent chocolate chip cookies. His mom sent an Easter gift. Our neighbors are bringing dinner on Wednesday. Ric said, we’re just going to have to keep you on chemo! J (I’d think I’d rather learn how to cook.)

God is so good. Even when I feel better and am not crying out to Him, even when I take his presence for granted… He still comes… still holds His arms open for me… for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment