Tuesday

4/25/06 - Idol Night

I’m making it! Past few days have not been totally easy… but like many cancer survivors have told me recently… chemo is not easy… but it’s doable. That seems to explain it pretty well. I got a good night’s sleep… so that helped a lot. I felt so much better today… still tired, but not exhausted. Felt fairly energetic at work today… and had fun and enjoyed being on the air. After work, I did come home and take a nap… which was nice.

Fixed peanut butter and crackers for dinner. Ric’s so lucky to have a gourmet cook like me!

Ric loves to hide around the corner, or behind a closed door… and scare the heck out of me. And just to make sure I feel “normal” he has continued to keep up this practice throughout the last few months. I came out of the bathroom tonight… and on the open shelf in the hallway was a HEAD! I screamed… loud! The head rose from the shelf and started laughing. Ric’s head of course. He thought it was funny because I said, “Well that’s kinda scary… a head on a shelf!” He thinks this may be his best one yet.

Watched American Idol tonight… and did we ever get mad at the judges. Katharine McPhee did an amazing job… and those idiot judges put her down… including Simon, who can be counted on most of the time to give the contestants an accurate assessment of their performance. I couldn’t believe it! She sold the song… wowed the audience… sang beautifully… and had a stage presence none of the others can match. Yet the judges seemed to have a conspiracy against her. What are they trying to do? Then Paula Obnoxious cried when Elliott performed because she was so moved. He’s all right… but it was just not a tear-jerking performance. There’s just no doubt that woman is on too many drugs. She talks and talks… and then talks at the same time Simon is trying to talk. I’m one of those people who watches the show, but never votes. I was so incredulous that the judges didn’t support Katharine, that I told Ric I was going to vote for her at the end of the show. And I did. I sat there with my cell phone and Ric’s phone and dialed and let the phone redial. I got three votes in for her! Ric was laughing at me… said I fell right into a possible trap the show producers had set: Get the segment of listeners who never vote… bothered enough to actually pick up the phone and dial. Ric was wrong though… I picked up TWO phones!

No comments:

Post a Comment