Thursday

4/6/06 - Who's Been Messing with my Calendar?

Checked my calendar this morning. “Chemo 1:00.” How in the heck did something like that get on my calendar?

Treatment #1

Left office this afternoon making jokes… by the time I got downstairs to go out the front door, I had an upset stomach and was near tears. It just doesn’t seem real that I’m on my way to chemotherapy.

The chemo treatment itself was easy. My nurse Terri was wonderful… confident, personable, and understanding. Ric was with me, giving me those “looks” and winks… he’s my ROCK! Came back to work afterwards… my order had arrived, so we girls at work had a Hat & Wig Party… giggled and laughed together… it was fun (and funny to onlookers!). I got home and a goody box filled with all kinds of things had arrived from my daughter. The neighbors brought dinner to us. All was well for several hours… then this huge fatigue set in… a tired I had never felt before. Then nausea…

No comments:

Post a Comment