Wednesday

4/12/06 - Wow!

What a good day! I feel so good today – energy is back, nothing hurts, no queasy stomach – all the things I would have normally taken for granted. But today, I’m grateful to feel so “normal.” I even found myself running up the stairs today. Wow!

Just yesterday, I was thinking “this is probably the best I’m going to feel for the next several months… and that’s okay, I can handle it.” So just when I resigned myself to feel just “pretty good,” the next day I feel wonderful. (Gee, I hope the chemo medication’s still working. :-) )

Ric makes me leave work a couple hours earlier than I used to leave… and go home and rest. I can see now how that helps, both physically and mentally… so I’ll keep “giving in” to him!

Ric told me this morning I seem to be in the best spirits than at anytime in the last couple years. Not that anything major was wrong before… I just put a lot of pressure on myself and got stressed and had a tendency to worry too much. I realized he’s right. Now, I’m just living day-to-day and enjoying all kinds of “ordinary” things. At the onset of discovering I had cancer, I initially worried about not only my health, but how much I’d be able to work, possible financial concerns because of medical bills, etc. Ric admonished me and said the ONLY thing I’m to concern myself with is to get well. He was adamant. He was right. Worry is such a totally useless state of being. It accomplishes nothing… and so often the things we worry about never come to pass anyway. So… I have let worry and stress go… and I do feel better… lighter… freed up to enjoy my days!

Kids

Jill just called and said she bought the girls little hollow chocolate bunnies for Easter, but forgot and left them in the car (80º today)… and now they’re little puddles of chocolate with pretty bows floating on top! I told her giving something like that to your children for Easter is about as bad as sending your kids to school when there is none. (When Danny and Jill were little, they insisted there was no school on one particular day, but I thought they were kidding me, or mistaken. I got ‘em up and ready and sent ‘em off to school. About a half hour later, they both came back and said “Mommy, there is no one at the bus stop but us!” Oooops.

Enjoy Being

Received a message from a friend…

God didn’t put me on earth just to fulfill a to-do list.
He’s more interested in what I am than what I do.
That’s why we’re called human beings, not human doings.

Forget about doing things right now, and just enjoy being you.

Happy moments, PRAISE GOD
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD
Painful moments, TRUST GOD
Every moment, THANK GOD

First Pitch

Andy Milovich from the WV Power came on the show today to talk about this weekend’s ballpark activities, including Susan G. Komen Day on Saturday. The team will be wearing pink jerseys in honor of breast cancer awareness – I think that’s awesome! Andy asked me if I would be willing to throw out the first pitch! Oh my. I can’t throw a ball very well at all. Oh well, that’s not the point. The point is to draw attention to the cause, and if I can do that by looking goofy in front of 100’s or 1,000’s of people, then what the heck! If a girl can’t laugh at herself… well then a girl can’t laugh, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment