Saturday

4/15/06 - Sometimes I Just Need a Good Kick in the Butt

Didn’t want to get out of bed this morning… and it was Saturday… so I didn’t have to. I just gave into it and slept and dozed… even though I knew I might miss painting class at 10:30. Before Ric left for work, he told me I should hurry. I said okay, but stayed in bed. Eventually made myself get up and sadly thought I didn’t have time to go to class. Poor me. Ric called and told me to go to class… just go smear some paint on paper… and it would make me feel better. I weakly said okay. I gathered my paints and supplies and made my way to the car. With each turn in the road toward town, I considered going back home. What’s wrong with me? Why so gloomy? I found a parking space, trudged up Summers Street to Pro-Art. The guys greeted me warmly as I came through the door, as did my art teacher, Kristina, when I entered the downstairs classroom.

From the moment I took out my paints and brushes and filled my water containers, I was transformed into the color-loving, creative, happy woman God intended me to be! Gone was the attention-to-detail painter… and in was the new cancer’s-opened-my-eyes-to-the-important-things Jeanne. I painted loose and free… with lots of color, lost edges, spatters, flowing strokes. I finished the whole painting in one sitting… looked at my work and loved my own painting! It was the most fun I ever had “creating”!

Once again, Ric pushed me to do what he knew was right. Most of the time I do pretty good at keeping an upbeat attitude, but when I slip, Ric doesn’t let me get away with it.

Kristina also had a book for me… The Artist’s Way… which is designed to unblock creativity… some of us are born to create and need to do it. She sensed this need (and the blocking of the desire) in me… and gave me this gift.

God had great plans for me today… and I almost blew it.

The First Pitch

This evening was Susan G. Komen Day for Breast Cancer Awareness at the ballpark. Joyce (a breast cancer survivor) and I threw out the first pitches! What a fun moment. I was so afraid I’d throw the ball yards from home plate. The catcher did have to reach a bit… but it went fairly well! Fun! Perfect weather evening to be at the park.

Stopped By to Say Hi

I hear sounds in the backyard. Lights out. Two deer! Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment