Monday

4/17/06 - When, Where & How?

Husbands.

Right now mine is an Angel… he’s taken care of me when I was throwing up… fixed dinner for me when I was ready to eat days later… strengthened my faith… encouraged me when I was down… told me I was beautiful when I wasn’t… and more. So how could I be even the slightest bit aggravated with him?

How? Give him my credit card for one day. One day… for one purchase… for which we discussed the top price of the item. So far so good, until the bill for the laptop computer came in the mail. Was it over the agreed upon amount? Yes. Just a bit? No. By a few dollars? No. By an extra $100? No. More? Yes. How much more? Double! Two times. 2X. DOUBLE… the aforementioned agreed upon price!

So how did the new cancer-has-made-her-see-things-differently Jeanne handle this? I threw the bill down on the counter and said “Oh well, it’s only money.” NOT! I looked at my watch to see how many hours it would be before he got home so I could kill him!

And then almost instantly, my anger melted… and that made me mad, ‘cause I wanted to be angry! I wanted to rip him up one side and down the other. And I couldn’t muster up enough anger to really plan my attack. Where’s my outrage? It’s a lot of money… it does matter! I haven’t the slightest idea why I’m going to let this go. Was it because he was trying to do something nice for me? Is it because I know how Ric is… he just doesn’t THINK! Is it because it really is only money? I don’t know. Part of me doesn’t want to let him off the hook… and the other part of me… thinks it’s funny. What? Funny? Oh my, am I losing my passion to be right?

Is it because now that it will take twice as long to pay it off, I will have several months to hold this over his head? Maybe it’ll just be like the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, where Raymond just waits in panic and fear for Debra to get even… Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment