Sunday

9/10/06 - Doing Too Much

Came back from Snowshoe this afternoon. Mom C. had a fantastic dinner ready for us.

Tomorrow will be a busy morning. Radiation treatment at 7:30 a.m., then surgery to remove the chemo port at 8:30.

Karin Fuller’s column in the Charleston Gazette was about multi-tasking… and the absurdity of it! I recall years ago when I was doing the monthly billing at work and loaded a few hours worth of bills to print, then went home and put a load of laundry in the wash, and then took my daughter to dance class. On the way in the car, I was thinking about what an amazing woman I was… I had set two projects into motion and was doing another… 3… I was doing 3 things at once! Yeah, me! And then it occurred to me that this was a crazy lifestyle… too hectic… trying to do too much at one time… and wondering when I was going to slow down and enjoy the things I do.

Years later, I’m still “proud” of my multi-tasking capabilities. Until I catch myself. Why is there always so much to do?

The anniversary of 9/11 will be tomorrow. I remember 5 years ago when Ric called to me in another room, “A plane hit the World Trade Center!” We sat side by side on the sofa, watching the rest unfold… hardly believing what we were seeing.

The time to slow down and enjoy life is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment