Monday

9/11/06 - Surgery #4

Here we are at Surgi Care again. Not really nervous. Even though March was when I was here last, it seems routine. My surgi-cap is in my lap. Seems kinda silly to need it considering the little amount of hair I have. It’s the 5 year anniversary of 9/11. Dr. Phil is on the TV in the pre-op room. I could do without him trying to settle some petty dispute this morning. I forgot to leave my contacts out, so I’m waiting for some cups and saline solution. The nurse put the IV in my hand. After all I’ve been through, I still can’t look when it’s inserted. I’m ready for Ric to come be with me now… and here he is!

Next thing I know, surgery’s over. Felt a little pain, but not bad.

By the time I got to the car, I needed the pain medication! Otherwise I felt really good. Took a nap when I got home… slept for two hours. Felt great when I woke up… until I rolled over. Whew! The local anesthetic had worn off. Except for the localized pain, I still felt pretty good. I think when I take the pressure bandage off in the morning, I’ll feel much better. Got sleepy again around 9:00 and went to bed. Radiation again tomorrow at 7:15 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment