Saturday

9/30/06 - Spiritual Energy

I’ve been reading the Celestine Prophecy… a book Ric wanted me to read a long time ago, but we couldn’t find it. A friend recently loaned me the book. I’m finding it really fascinating. It talks about “coincidences.” So often we dismiss coincidences as just a chance happenings and nothing more. But perhaps we should look at them as God’s guiding hand… and be open to even more coincidences, so that we may more quickly understand and follow a path on which God is leading us.

I’m also fascinated by the insight about energy… harmful ways of acquiring energy (like exerting power over another person) and good ways of acquiring energy (absorbing the beauty in nature, mindful eating, etc.)… and that we can give energy to other people. I’m still trying to sort it all out, and apply what I’m reading.

Yesterday I was at the gas pump, and someone pulled in front of me, so close I would have difficulty getting out, because there were cars in line behind me too. (Gas was $2.10/gallon… thus the line!) I felt myself getting annoyed with the woman, and realized energy was just going away from me. Upon that realization, I did see that with a little maneuvering I could still get out, so I stopping sweating and stewing over this now obviously minor problem… pumped the gas… and left happy.

Seeing Red

Radiation side effect: The place under my collar bone is really deep red and sore… like a hot iron’s been pressed on my skin. I keep putting Aquaphor and Hydrocortisone on it… and have found that Aleve or Advil helps too.

Mokie & Dot

It’s nighttime now… and raining. The sound of the rain feels good. The sights, smells, and even sounds of nature are energy producing! Once again I’m understanding what I’ve been reading. It’s better to get our energy from nature, food, pets, etc. than to take it from other people, in subtle or not so subtle power struggles. God provides us with a multitude of ways to become energized in a healthy way, without jeopardizing other people.

It even makes sense to me now why I feel so peaceful when the cats meet me at the door… or having a purring cat on my lap, gazing into my eyes, loving my touch… she’s sending energy to me! That’s why, for many people, it’s healthy both physically and psychologically to have a pet! Aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment