Sunday

9/3/06 - A Star is Born... or Two or Three

‘Twas our Labor Day celebration today – kids and grandkids came to visit. Mom C made potato salad and baked beans. Ric grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and brats. Jill and Daniel brought dessert. Nic taught us how to peel a banana the way monkeys do it… pinch the end twice in opposite directions… then viola… the peel comes right off!

While all the other adults were cooking… Tierra taught me some cheers. After dinner, we set up a theater in the living room, and Tierra, Sophie and I performed for the rest of the gang. It was so much fun. We got a standing ovation!

I didn’t realize until the end of the day that I had almost enough energy to keep up with the girls through the practices and the performance. I’ve come a long way towards healing!

What a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment