Wednesday

9/6/06 - A Watched Pot Never Boils

Every morning and every night, I look closely in the mirror to see how much my hair has grown. It seems to have stopped growing! Or is it that I look too much? It’s hard to watch hair grow! It’s not that I need to have hair to feel well… it’s more like a little kid waiting to open presents!

Surgery is scheduled for Monday morning to remove the infuse-port… ‘cause I won’t need it anymore! Yeah! It was really good to have it… made chemo much easier. But I’ll also be glad to have it out too. When riding in the passenger side of the car, the seat belt goes right across it, and it’s sometimes uncomfortable lying on my right side. So that’ll be a relief.

I had an uncomfortable work assignment today. The political candidate who pointed her finger in my face and told me that I would look better in a wig (at the Susan G. Komen Race earlier this year), came into the station today to record her commercial for running for office. I was assigned to record her. I was polite and professional, but I didn’t introduce myself. I was wearing a wig this time. She either didn’t recognize me or didn’t remember me. Did the job and was as pleasant as I could stand to be. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment