Saturday

9/9/06 - Snowshoe Mountain

What a delightful day. Started with breakfast in the outdoor café… crisp cool air. Enjoyed some fantastic blues music. Rode the ski lift with Ric. Still scary. I love when we get to the bottom… and not just because I can get off the ski lift. That’s where there’s a beautiful lake surrounded by pines… hammocks in the woods… and I found some hiking trails this trip. Oh, it felt so good to walk the trails… one of my favorite things in life. And this time I had the stamina to do it! That was a good feeling too.

On the way back up, Ric was telling me to relax and enjoy the scenery. I was thinking, “You can stop this thing now… I’ll walk the rest of the way up the hill… uh, the mountain… uh, maybe I can ride it out.” I spotted a deer below us and pointed it out to Ric (who thought I wasn’t seeing anything.) He turned around to see it. It scares me when he moves too much… I’m afraid he’ll fall out.

We had a super, wonderful dinner with our V100 winners… Vanessa and John, Mary and Steve, Cathy and Tony. Good food and good fellowship. It’s fun getting to know each other. We were seated outside, and the cold of the night is the only thing that caused us to retire for the night. It was a really good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment