Thursday

9/14/06 - For the Welfare of the Whole

Woke up this morning feeling much better, even though I didn’t get much sleep. I was still awake after midnight and awake again at 5:00 a.m. And except for the itchy skin, I felt really good all day.

I started reading Deepak Chopra’s book, “The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life.” He says that most of us keep shutting out thousands of experiences that could make transformation a reality, and if it weren’t for the enormous effort we put into denial, repression, and doubt, our lives would be a constant revelation. He also makes the point that reading about change has an effect at the level of thinking, while the level of feeling and the level of doing remain untouched. If we want to make changes we have to take action. So, tomorrow I’m going to work on remembering to make all decisions “for the good of the whole.” I don’t think I can keep more than one change at a time in my head… so I’ll just work on this one for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment