Friday

9/1/06 - Changes

Finished up the second week of radiation. No treatment on Monday (holiday). I’m glad – a chance for some skin healing. I’m not red, but breast is very tender and underarm is a bit sore. I’ve been doing stretches as instructed by Dr. Plants. He said the skin and underlying tisse would tighten up during radiation treatments. I’m definitely feeling that lately… so doing extra stretches.

Today was the last Hawaiian shirt day for the season at work. It was also suggested that we could wear blue & gold or green & white to show our support for WVU or Marshall for the big game tomorrow. Extra points would be awarded for a Hawaiian shirt with the WVU or Marshall logo. I couldn’t come up with that… but I did wear my game shirt and a lei. It was the best I could do. There were several folks here who just didn’t get it right away… I heard someone say, “Why is she wearing a lei?” And the response… “Dummy…she’s combined both the big game and Hawaiin shirt day!” It was fun. The thing itched like crazy, but I wore it all day!

Thanks to my friend, Cher, I now have a better protein supplement to take. Optimum Nutrition’s High-Protein Meal Shake has more protein than the Boost I was drinking and much less sugar and carbohydrates… 35 grams of protein, 1 g sugar and 3 g carbs. I got vanilla flavor so I can mix it occasionally with berries, bananas, or peanut butter.

Nic came down today. His head is shaved… so I have more hair than he does. We laughed about that. We look a lot alike now, except for the beard and mustache. Guess I’ll shave tomorrow. J

First day of September, and the weather changed abruptly from summer to fall. Much cooler today… and quite chilly tonight… needed a light jacket. I love the change of seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment