Friday

9/8/06 - Perception

Nevermind!

Got to work today… and yesterday’s problems… are not problems afterall. The e-mail did in fact go to the correct winner. The other person with the same name had not even entered the contest… someone told her they heard her name on the radio, and she thought she might have won something.

And the American Idol tickets. They arrived this morning… and there are tickets for everyone who won. I just forgot about having given them away.

I got exactly one hour’s sleep last night. Spent the night worrying about how I was going to fix everything. Turns out there wasn’t anything that needed fixing. I perceived there to be problems when there weren’t any! So Jeanne. When will you ever learn to trust God to take care of you?

I guess I’m so aware of other people’s serious problems… which don’t seem to be relieved or resolved… and I think, “Who am I to expect my problems to be resolved? Why should I be exempt?” The truth is we are all “exempt” at times… and sometimes the problem doesn’t go away, but we have to work through it. Either way… we’re always in God’s hands. And that’s what I need to remember. When I am in a helpless situation, there’s nothing else I can do but rest in God’s care, until I’m in a position to either work my way through to find an answer… or find there’s really nothing to worry about afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment