Wednesday

5/17/06 - Feeling Good

When people ask me how I’m doing… it’s good to be able to say “Great!” I did, however, wake up with a bit of a scratchy throat and stopped up nose… and felt a slight panic… wondering how a cold would affect me… whether it would be dangerous… whether it could cancel a chemo treatment and get me behind schedule. But it was only slight… and went away after I was up for a short while. As it was, I had a scheduled appointment with my regular doctor today… she said it was likely just the weather or pollen causing the problem.

Missing My Friend

Good energy today… stayed at work later than usual. Went home not tired. I picked up the phone to call Debby… the battery was low. Put it on the charger… ‘cause I knew we would talk a long time! (My dad always said when Debby and I got together we sounded like a couple Martians we talked so much and so fast J) Danny called… while we were talking someone was trying to ring in… but I thought I would check my messages when I was finished talking with my son. Checked my message… it was Debby! Tried to call her right back… busy… again… busy… again a little later… busy. Put phone back on the charger. Tried to call again… no answer. Now why are we not connecting tonight?

Frivolity

Watched American Idol tonight. Oh, I hope it’s Katharine and Taylor who make it to the finals. Wouldn’t it be fun to see those two sing a duet together? Ah… romantic. Truly, Katherine gave superb performances… and Taylor was right behind her. We’ll see the results tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment