Tuesday

5/2/06 - Tuesday

After work today, went to Charleston Dept. Store with my friend, Vicki… had fun shopping. We went to Ellen’s Ice Cream… and indulged. Nice to have the energy to work and play!

Got a call from a dear friend, who just recently had a mammogram… and received a letter that a spot compression needs to be done to more thoroughly examine a specific area. That’s the same message I received in January. I know how scared she is. But… MOST of the time the further tests reveal nothing serious. So, I told her not to worry, but to make the appointment for the next mammogram quickly, so as to minimize the waiting time. Knowing we can’t help but feel some fear… I also reminded her of how many breast cancer survivors have contacted me… which has given me tremendous hope. Plus I reminded her of how many treatments are available to treat breast cancer… if it should come to that. She’s been praying so much for me. Now I pray for her. Now for the good news… we both have tickets for the James Taylor concert!

American Idol Night! Top 5 performed tonight. All did a fine job. The second song Katharine sang was amazing… she sang the whole song on her knees… yet it was fun and energetic. What a performance. Taylor did a fantastic job as well tonight… on both songs. Chris and Paris good too. Elliott seems to be a big favorite of many… but I’m just not wowed. He’s a great young man, terrific person… but I think this week or next will be his last on the show. Katharine’s still my top pick. But I think Taylor is definitely number two. Or maybe Chris. No, Taylor. Chris is wonderful, but Taylor seems to display more versatility. I like that. Katharine #1.

Jamie, the wife of one of my co-workers made a bracelet for me… pink beads and a silver angel charm… it’s just beautiful. Steve Bishop said, “See, everyone loves you.” And a thought I had last night reappeared in my head. Everyone is doing so many nice things for me. But I’m not always a nice person… I have lots of faults… I make lots of mistakes. I so relate to Paul in the Bible talking about doing the things he doesn’t want to do and not doing the things he wants to do. What if I do something really wrong, say the wrong thing, hurt somebody’s feelings… and everyone regrets having been so nice? I’m just a fallible human being. And of course I’m not the only fallible human being… we all are. I guess the only way to insure I can be forgiven… is to be forgiving. Ah, thank you God… that is the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment