Monday

5/29/06 - Memorial Day

Had to work for a little while today. Received an e-mail from a young woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004… finished up treatments about this time last year. This year, right now, she is in training to be part of a 60-mile 3-day walk in Philadelphia in October… a walk to raise funds for breast cancer research and programs. Sixty miles! I was so impressed… and so inspired. Lately, I’ve been feeling so weak physically… wondering if I’ll ever get back to being fit… working out at the Y, etc. Today I realized… of course I will! I had already set a goal of walking in the Susan G. Komen Race next year… but why not set my goals even higher? Well, maybe not 57 miles higher… but I forgot that I can once again be a “picture of health.” Dealing with difficulties “one day at a time,” is a really good attitude to have… but it’s important to look beyond the difficulties, and also visualize the things we want to do and be in the future. One day at a time… but with a positive goal. Thanks, Sherry.

Tomorrow is MRI and PET scan day. Will spend most of it at the hospital… but don’t anticipate it to be difficult. Will take a book to read and relax. Going to work in the morning to catch up on administrative work… but will have to leave early. Can’t eat or drink anything after midnight tonight. The not eating doesn’t bother me… but by the time both tests are over… it will be 3:00 or later. That seems like a long time to go without water… especially right now. Oh well, I’ll be in a hospital if it becomes a problem!

Ric usually feeds the birds every morning… but he slept late today. I looked out the family room window this morning… and on the deck was a sad little baby female cardinal… sitting there on an empty railing… just waiting for Ric to bring breakfast. I went outside and spread out the bird seed. Came back inside, and within seconds the whole family was there… the mother and father… picking up seeds and putting them in the baby’s mouth. I know they can find plenty of food this time of year… but apparently they rather enjoy the fine dining at Ric’s Café… and fully expected it to be open on Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment