Monday

5/8/06 - Slow Days

The last time I looked at the clock last night (or morning)… it was 5:17 a.m. – I had been awake for nearly 24 hours. How can one be so extremely tired… and yet not sleep? Woke up this morning at about 10:30… the normally lazy cats, found a little toy that scooted across the hardwood floor… under the bed!… quite nicely… back and forth… back and forth… both Mokie and Dot going after the same little red stuffed mouse.

It was a slow day. Ric and I went out for a bite to eat… and to get out of the house. Very tired… went to bed early… and went to sleep and slept through most of the night.

Today… back to work. I am so tired… I find myself holding onto the walls sometimes when I walk. It’s a really tough day. I feel slightly disoriented and it’s difficult to concentrate. I’ll bounce back in a day or so… this is temporary, I must remember. Ric finished my shift for me today… I did some website work and then came home. Took a 3-1/2 hour nap, but woke up just as tired as before I went to sleep.

I know I need food… but everything tastes so awful. Water is just hideous…so I’m drinking cranberry juice, and even it has a slight chemical taste to it. A teaspoonful of crunchy peanut butter… that’s all I can get down. Everything else in the refrigerator or cabinets makes me gag just to think about. A pizza… that’s what I wish I had right now… pepperoni, sausage, banana peppers! Usually a veggie pizza is what I would want… I’m so weird now. Even if I had a pizza right now, it would probably taste like cardboard.

The James Taylor Concert is tonight… we’re going with our good friends, Steve & Debbie. I’m so glad for especially Ric and Steve… they sing so many of J.T.’s songs… it’s going to be a real thrill for them to see him live tonight. I’ll be moving slow, but I’m excited to be going. Wonder if J.T. will be throwing out pizza slices to his fans?

No comments:

Post a Comment