Tuesday

5/30/06 - High Priced Tanning Beds Today

Oh wow! I feel great. Beautiful sunshiny morning!

Off to work for a short day. Worked on website, updating new community events. Symphony Sunday this weekend… always a fun and beautiful event on the riverbank lawn of UC. Loaded recent journal entries. Wrote new breast cancer awareness promo.

No water to drink since midnight. My mouth is so dry… feels like it’s sticking to itself, and my throat feels raw. Wonder if they’ll let me use my spray mouth moisturizer or at least rinse with water?


I’m back in the waiting room where I was “forgotten” two months ago (or so I thought) and felt so angry. This time I remembered to bring a book to help pass the time. But already there is some girl here asleep with her mouth open and snoring loudly. Irritating.

As soon as I wrote that the nicest lady sat down beside me. We talked briefly. She had a brain tumor in 2001… and here she is now looking beautiful and gorgeous. She hugged me when she got up to leave, said she would pray for me, and I for her. Joanne… what a radiant spirit… like an angel… just appeared out of nowhere… and was gone in an instant. I relaxed and was at ease.

Just had the MRI. That was a different experience than I expected… I was taken to this trailer… it was very cold inside. I was in this long tube and they zoomed me back… and it was noisy. They even gave me ear plugs, but it still sounded like hammers and jackhammers, buzzers and beepers all around my head. So that’s what’s it’s like to be abducted and examined by aliens! It did go by more quickly than I expected.

Now for the PET scan. Just had the radio-active injection. Gotta wait for an hour… then the scan. I was told there would be no jackhammers or banging noises… heavenly compared to the MRI. Turns out it was very quiet and easy and the time passed quickly once again.

Easy for me that is. During both the MRI and PET I wondered how in the world little kids could handle things like this. I guess because our radio station worked to raise money for St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital earlier this year, I was seeing the experience through the eyes of a child… and then it seemed very frightening. I guess there are ways to help children feel more at ease… let them see the equipment first… read stories… show pictures. They would need lots of preparation. It’s a very different world for adults than it is for children. We need to always remember that… in all kinds of circumstances.


Beautiful morning… lovely evening. A surprise visit from Susi and Skip… and dinner out at O’Charley’s. Giggling and laughing over food with family that are also friends… it doesn’t get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment