Tuesday

5/23/06 - Rough Start

Woke up feeling nauseous this morning… took medication for it. Went to work… there for about 20 minutes and stomach cramps started. In and out of the bathroom for nearly two hours. Just wears me out… I find myself holding onto the walls again, walking with my eyes half closed. I can barely stand up. Started to feel better just before my air shift at 10:00, but I was still exhausted. I use all the energy I have when I crack the mic… it’s pretty easy to do for one minute at a time. But in between on-air breaks… it’s a battle. Even though it’s hard, I’m still glad I’m working… whatever time I’m doing anything at work… my focus is off of how I feel. If I stayed at home, I would just be constantly miserable… I know I wouldn’t make the effort to do even things I enjoy. This is the best it can be right now. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Frivolous End

Went home early… took a two hour nap. Got up and warmed up some dinner for Ric and I. We watched American Idol… Finals Night! Their performances were very good… afterall these are the top two. Katharine had a bit of trouble on her final number… a song “somebody” wrote for her as her first single… “My Destiny.” What a dumb, stupid, corny, ridiculous song. It would be hard for anyone to sing a song like that with a straight face! I know she has the ability to sing it wonderfully, but she just didn’t do it tonight… sad. Taylor, however, had a corny song to sing too… “Do I Make You Proud?” But he sang it with style, passion, and energy… and it worked! Magnificent! I felt like his mother… wanting to say out loud, “Yes, Taylor, you make me proud!” I have a feeling that he’s going to win. The last impression he left was pretty darn good. Katharine has the best vocal… but Taylor has the edge on entertaining. I’ll be happy no matter who wins… I’m sure both will have a career… or at least some success.

Idol over… I’m done… off to bed. At least it’s dark… I made it that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment